Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This sophisticated seasonal cocktail brings on the sweet and a bit of spice. Make sure you use good whiskey – it’s the star of the drink!
Spiced Bourbon, Beer and Maple Martinis
- 1 cup chilled bourbon
- 1/4 cup chilled dark beer such as Negro Modelo
- 1/4 cup chilled pure maple syrup preferably Grade B
- Ice cubes
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 4 small dried red chiles such as japones, rinsed and patted dry
- Combine the bourbon, beer and maple syrup in a martini shaker. Fill the shaker with ice cubes. Cover and shake about 8 times. Strain the drink equally into 4 large chilled martini glasses.
- Using a nutmeg grater, grate about 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg over each martini. Add a chile to each martini and stir to blend. Serve very cold.