Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This recipe amps up boxed brownie mix into a sophisticated treat with layers of flavor… and you can start it and get it in the oven within 5 minutes. Win win!
Peanut Butter Espresso Brownies
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- One 17.6-ounce box brownie mix such as Duncan Hines
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse flake salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup water and the oil, egg and espresso powder. Add the brownie mix and stir until well blended. Stir in the peanut butter chips. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the salt evenly over the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Arrange the brownies on a platter and serve.