Photo Credit: Lindsey Galey
For the perfect refreshing sweet treat on a hot summer day, a coffee granita is the way to go. Not only is it delicious, but it takes only 10 minutes to whip up – then you just let it hangout in the freezer until it’s time to serve!
- 3 cups warm coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream lightly sweetened, for serving, optional
- Limoncello for serving, optional
- This recipe originated on Giada in Italy. Epsiode: Dino’s 100th Birthday Party.
- In a bowl, stir together the coffee, sugar, vanilla and salt until the sugar dissolves. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish and freeze for 2 hours. Remove from the freezer and use a fork to scrape and stir any of the ice that has formed. Return to the freezer for another 2 hours and repeat. The granita is now ready to serve with a dollop of lightly sweetened cream or drowned in a 1/2 ounce shot of limoncello.