Photo Credit: Giada De Laurentiis
This is a recipe I made up on the fly for dinner one night with Jade. I used leftovers I had on hand, but you can easily personalize this recipe with whatever you have in your house. Feel free to use your favorite green instead of kale or whatever leftover cooked protein you have in your fridge.
- 1 17.5ounce package gnocchi
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 link precooked Italian sausage cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese divded
- 1/4 cup goat cheese or ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In an eight inch square baking dish combine the gnocchi, kale and sausage. Toss together. Add the marinara, broth, olive oil and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Mix gently to evenly coat in the sauce. Cover the dish tightly with a piece of aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and turn the broiler to high. Uncover the baking dish and sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Dollop evenly with the goat cheese. Return the pan to the oven and broil for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the top is beginning to brown.