This simple pasta salad gets loads of flavor from olives, basil, and a tangy sun-dried tomato vinaigrette. I like to use ancient-grain pasta to give this dish lots of fiber and an extra kick of protein.
Fusilli with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
For The Vinaigrette:
- One 8-ounce package gluten-free ancient grain fusilli pasta such as TruRoots
- 3 cups chopped baby arugula
- 3/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves chopped
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella cut into 1/3-inch dice
- For the vinaigrette: Place the sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor and pulse to chop. Add the orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Process to a slightly chunky, relatively thick puree.
- To assemble: In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta together with the arugula, olives, basil, mozzarella and the vinaigrette. Serve.