Photo Credit: Food Network
France Meets Italy Panini
- 1 stick 8 tablespoons European butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 baguette halved crosswise and then lengthwise
- 12 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto cotto
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Panini Party.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix together the butter and 1 1/2 cups of the Parmesan in a medium bowl. Spread the mixture evenly on the cut sides of the baguette quarters, then sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup Parmesan.
- Place the baguettes, cut-side up, on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until golden brown and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and allow to cool.
- Pile the prosciutto cotto on top of the baguettes. Slice each quarter into 4 pieces. Serve open-faced.