Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
An eggless caesar salad to suit any dietary needs with an extra easy twist: top with Giada & Simply7’s Popcorn instead of croutons for a mega crunch!
Eggless Caesar Salad
For the dressing:
- 1 anchovy filet
- 1 clove garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 head of romaine outer leaves discarded
- 1/4 cup light green to yellow celery leaves from one head of celery
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Giada's Parmesan cheese Popcorn
- Using the side of a chefs knife, mash the garlic and anchovy together to form a paste. Place in a large bowl. Add the mustard, lemon juice and lemon zest and whisk together. While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil. Season with the salt and black pepper.
- Coarsely chop the romaine and add it to the dressing bowl along with the celery leaves and parsley. Toss gently to coat well. Spread the lettuce and herbs out along the bottom and sides of the bowl. Sprinkle with the cheese so each leaf is covered with cheese. Toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with the parmesan popcorn and serve.