Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Amp up your next pizza party with this flavor-packed homemade sauce!
Easy Pizza Sauce
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large sprigs basil about 1/2 cup
- 1 clove garlic peeled and smashed
- In a medium bowl mix together the crushed tomatoes, olive oil, salt, basil and garlic. Stir until the oil is incorporated into the tomatoes. Set aside to let the flavors marry for 30 minutes. Use the sauce as desired on your favorite pizzas.
- Sauce can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.