Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
Get this flavorful dinner started and finished in under 20 minutes, and all with one pan.
Easy Chicken Piccata
- 4 6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat the broiler to high. Adjust the oven rack to the top third of the oven.
- Season the chicken breasts evenly with the salt and rub with the olive oil. Place them in a medium oven proof skillet. To the pan add the lemon zest and juice, chicken broth, and capers. Place the pan in the oven under the broiler for 10 to 12 minutes or until the chicken is browned and internal temperature reads 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Remove from the oven and place the chicken on platter to rest. Place the pan with the sauce over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Whisk the butter into the sauce until incorporated. Stir in the parsley. Slice the chicken and serve with the sauce spooned over the top.