Strawberries, blackberries and raspberries marinated in a red wine sauce and topped with frozen yogurt.
Drunken Berries with Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
- 1 bottle dry red wine
- 2 pods star anise
- 1 stick cinnamon plus 1 stick for grating, for garnish
- 5 cloves
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- Two 10-ounce bags frozen mixed berries thawed
- 1 quart vanilla frozen yogurt
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 1. Girl's Night In.
- Combine the red wine, star anise, cinnamon stick, cloves, brown sugar and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain into a medium bowl. Add the berries and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 2 hours.
- To serve, spoon some of the berries and mulled wine into a coupe glass. Top with a scoop of frozen yogurt and garnish with some freshly grated cinnamon.