Crudités are a staple in my house. They’re one of the easiest, most nutritious snacks to throw together, and they take only minutes to prepare. Plus, the leftover butter is fabulous over chicken, steak, or fish, or tossed with pasta!
Crudites With Walnut Butter
- 1 fennel cut into 8 thin wedges
- 8 red or breakfast radishes halved
- 4 thin carrots peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 heart of romaine leaves pulled apart and left whole
- 1 yellow pepper seeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 stalks of celery cut in half on a sharp bias
- 1 baguette sliced on a bias into ½-inch pieces
For The Walnut Butter:
- ½ cup toasted walnut halves and pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ‚Öõ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the crudités: Arrange all of the vegetables and the baguette slices on a platter or board or in a basket.
- For the walnut butter: Place the walnuts and thyme in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the nuts are finely chopped. Add the butter, salt, and black pepper and puree until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides as needed.
- Serve the butter at room temperature alongside the crudités and bread.