Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This pesto-laced sandwich sports a perfect golden crust – and thanks to Pam’s new Spray Pump Olive Oil, you can get it without all the grease!
Crispy Pesto Mozzarella Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices white sandwich bread
- 4 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 spritzes PAM Olive Oil Spray Pump
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Lay the 2 pieces of bread on a board and spread each slice evenly with 2 teaspoons of the pesto. Pile the mozzarella evenly on one pesto coated slice of bread. Top with the remaining bread placing the pesto side on the cheese. Spray the top of the sandwich with 5 pumps of PAM Olive Oil spray. Place the sprayed side down in the hot pan. Spray the remaining side of the sandwich with 5 more pumps. Place a small lid or pan on top of the sandwich and press down gently. Cook for 3 minutes on the first side or until the bread is golden brown and crispy and the cheese is beginning to melt. Flip the sandwich and place the lid or pan back on top, pressing down gently. Cook for another 3 minutes until toasted and the cheese is evenly melted. Remove to a plate, cut in half and serve hot.
- This post is brought to you in partnership with PAM.