This crab crostini is perfect for easy entertaining with an impressive edge. You can bake off your crostini ahead of time, and mix the crab and herb topping a few hours ahead as well – just keep it covered in the fridge! When guests arrive, all you have to do is scoop a generous heap of crab mix onto each crostini and serve… easy as that!
Crab Crostini with Lemon and Herbs
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice from 1/4 lemon
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup lump crab meat picked through for shells
- 16 crostini
- As seen on: Giada Entertains, Episode 2. Hidden Talent Party.
- In a medium bowl using a rubber spatula mix together the cr√®me fraiche, chives, basil, tarragon, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Add the crab meat and gently fold it into the herb dressing until the crab is coated and the herbs are evenly distributed. Top each crostini with a tablespoon of the crab mixture and serve.