Slightly sweet, moist cornbread paired with tangy tomatoes, creamy fontina, and zesty cucumber and lemon creates a refreshing side salad that cuts through decadent main dishes. Use storebought cornbread from the bakery and you can have this dish ready in minutes!
Cornbread Panzanella Salad
- 8 ounces cornbread cut into cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cubed fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Place in a serving bowl and serve.