This quick-and-easy pasta dish makes use of the still-in-season, super-sweet cherry and sun gold tomatoes.
Cherry Tomato Spaghetti
- 1 pound dried spaghetti pasta
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 2 pints red cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint small yellow tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced basil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt generously. Cook the spaghetti to al dente and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the shallot and garlic, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and salt and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer the mixture until the tomatoes are slightly popped, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the pasta, Parmesan, pasta water, and basil and toss thoroughly with tongs. Serve warm or at room temperature.