Photo Credit: Food Network
Sweet cherries and tangy balsamic vinegar come together in this crowd-pleasing chicken recipe!
Cherry Balsamic Chicken
- 1 cup jarred sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed toasted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic smashed and peeled
- One 3 1/2-pound chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel pollen or ground toasted fennel seed
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada on the Beach. Episode: Farmers Market Lunch.
- Combine the cherries, vinegar, mustard, fennel seed, salt and garlic in a blender. Puree until smooth. Place the chicken pieces in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Preheat a grill to 450 degrees F or medium-high heat with indirect heat on one side.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and place on a baking sheet; reserve the marinade. Drizzle with the olive oil. Place the chicken on the grill over direct heat and cook undisturbed for 4 minutes. Flip the chicken, move to indirect heat and baste with the marinade. Cover the grill and roast until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Remove to a platter and sprinkle with the fennel pollen.