Cheesy mashed potatoes loaded with parmesan and mozzarella.
Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes peeled and quartered
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream warmed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- As seen on: Giada In Italy, Episode 3. My Brother Would Love This.
- Place the potatoes, rosemary and garlic in a large sauce pan and cover with cold water. Add a handful of salt and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain well and remove the rosemary sprigs. Press the potatoes and garlic through a potato ricer back into the pan. Add the warmed cream and olive oil.
- Place the pan back over low heat and stir everything together using a rubber spatula. Add the mozzarella, parmesan and salt and continue to stir until the mixture is hot, the cheese is melted and the potatoes are almost stringy in texture. This will take 5 to 10 minutes. Serve hot.