Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
This sauce is easy to make, super fresh and light, and can be used in a number of different ways. I like to serve it tossed with spaghettini or angel hair pasta.
- One 12-ounce container cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 scallions white and pale green parts only, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- One 1-ounce piece Parmesan cheese coarsely chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves torn
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- In the bowl of food processor, pulse the first 6 ingredients just until the tomatoes are coarsely chopped (do not purée). Transfer the sauce to a large bowl. Season with the salt.
- Toss the sauce immediately with your choice of freshly cooked pasta or serve on the side of your favorite meats.