Photo Credit: Food Network
Caribbean Roasted Pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pink peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pineapple peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white rum
- 1/2 cup crumbled gingersnap cookies
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Taste The World Party.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a plate, mix together the peppercorns, allspice, cinnamon and salt. Sprinkle the spice rub evenly over the pineapple or roll the pineapple in it so it is evenly coated.
- Heat a medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the oil and place the pineapple in the pan. Cook, rotating the pineapple regularly, until light brown all over, about 3 minutes. Cover the pan and transfer to the oven. Roast until tender to the core when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 45 minutes. Uncover and allow the pineapple to cool to room temperature in the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the cream, sugar and rum. Using a handheld mixer, beat on high speed until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Slice the pineapple into 1-inch-thick rounds. Place 1 slice on each plate. Dollop with a spoonful of cream and a crumble of gingersnaps. Drizzle any remaining juice over the top.