Photo Credit: Elizabeth Newman
My savory spin on popcorn has all the great flavors of cacciatore, which makes a great snack or movie-night addition.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Giada's Cacciatore Seasoning mixed well
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place a dutch oven over medium high heat to warm for 4 minutes. Add the oil and kernels to the hot pan. Cover and shake the pan to coat the kernels in the oil. Continue to heat, shaking the pan occasionally until you begin to hear popping. When the popping becomes consistent, reduce the heat to medium and cook until the popping slows to one or two per second. Pour the popcorn into a large bowl. Drizzle with the butter and sprinkle with the seasoning, parmesan and salt. Toss well to coat.