Photo Credit: Food Network
If you’re looking for a seriously show-stopping cocktail, this is it!
Burnt Citrus Cocktails
- 1 ounce bitter orange liqueur such as Aperol
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1/2 lemon, shell reserved
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1/4 to 1/2 ounce 151-proof rum
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada's Holiday Handbook. Episode: Christmas Cocktails.
- Combine the orange liqueur, white rum, lemon juice and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake for 30 seconds. Strain into a rocks glass or large coupe.
- Float the lemon shell in the glass and fill with the 151-proof rum. Using a long match or lighter, very carefully ignite the rum. To extinguish the flame, use a spoon or stirrer to press the lemon into the cocktail.