Photo Credit: Food Network
This is a great method for cooking sweet potatoes until they’re perfectly tender and fluffy. This is an incredibly simple but flavorful recipe – the addition of toasted coriander, lemon zest, salt and parsley gives the sweet potatoes great depth. Even if you don’t have coriander on hand to make these baked sweet potatoes, you can top this recipe with just about any of your favorite potato fixings!
Baked Coriander Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus 1/2 cup to finish
- 4 teaspoons coriander seeds toasted and cracked
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest from 2 lemons
- 2 teaspoon flake salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley leaves roughly chopped, optional
- This recipe originated on an episode of Giada Entertains. Episode: Earth Day Party.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Pierce the potatoes a few times with the tip of knife and rub with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Roast, flipping halfway through, until the sweet potatoes are soft all the way through, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half and fluff the inside with a fork. Drizzle each half with a tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle each half with a few coriander seeds, lemon zest and flake salt. Sprinkle with the parsley leaves to finish if desired.