Photo Credit: Food Network
I gave the classic PB&J a serious makeover with bacon & parmesan – a perfectly salt-sweet treat!
Bacon & Jam Sandwiches
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 1/3 cup apricot jam or strawberry jam if you prefer it sweeter
- 12 strips applewood-smoked bacon cooked
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- This recipe originally appeared on Giada Entertains. Episode: Jade's Painting Party.
- Special equipment: a panini press
- Preheat a panini press.
- Spread the bread slices with the jam, all way to the edges. Lay 3 strips of bacon on 4 of the bread slices, breaking the strips as needed to fit the bread. Top with the remaining bread slices, jam-side down. Butter both sides of the sandwiches and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Place the sandwiches on the panini press and cook until golden brown and the cheese is crispy, 2 to 3 minutes. Cut the sandwiches into 4 triangles and serve.