Artichoke and Fennel Crudo
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice 1 large lemon
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 5 baby artichokes trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan
- As seen on: Giada In Italy, Episode 2. Nonna Luna's Secret: Entice with Rice
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. In a separate medium bowl, place the arugula. Spoon a small amount of the dressing onto the arugula and toss to coat. Spread a bed of arugula on a plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced artichokes, fennel, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper with the remaining dressing. Mix well to coat. Mound the artichoke mixture on top of the arugula. Top with the shaved Parmesan and serve.