You must be signed in to print this content
The perfect Mother's Day gift picks for every kind of mom.
Mother's Day is just a few days away, and if you haven't gotten your gift picked out, you might be starting to panic. As every mom knows, the best gift of all is getting to spend the day with her favorite people and no nagging responsibilities – but she won't say no to one of these thoughtful gifts, too! No matter whether your mom is an at-home gourmet or always on the go, there's something here she's sure to love. Bonus: They're all available instantly!
For the On-the-Go Mom:
1. Breakfast in Bed – There are few things more luxurious than dining in your pajamas! Everything on my Mother's Day brunch menu tastes especially delicious when it's served on a tray while mom gets an extra hour of shuteye. Get the whole family in on it; dad can do the baking, while the kids pick flowers for a Mother's Day bouquet.
2. Bring the Spa to Mom – Pamper her with a basket of feel-good products like this Korean Body Scrub (one of my favorites!) or her favorite face mask, so she can make her own at-home spa day. While she relaxes, surprise her by tidying the house or preparing dinner to keep her calm vibe going all day long.
For the Long-Distance Mom:
3. Next-Level Mother's Day Card – Just upload a picture of your card to the Aurasma app before you send it; the app lets you record a video greeting for mom to go along with it. When she receives the card and scans it with the app, she can watch your video and save it forever. It's fun to make and receive and feels a lot more personal than Hallmark!
4. Staycation Getaway– Meet mom in the middle with a mini-vacation. With the ease and availability of travel sites like AirBnB and Hotel Tonight, it's easy to book a quick trip anywhere. Even if it's just for one night, it's always fun to squeeze in some quick mother-child time!
For the Food-Loving Mom:
5. Dinner Delivery – Don't worry honey, we've got dinner covered! For the mom who's always cooking (sounds familiar!), sometimes there's nothing better than a night off. With a gift card she can redeem whenever she wants, she'll have a night off in her back pocket to use when she needs it most.
6. Plant Mom an Herb Garden – Flowers are gorgeous but they usually don't last long. Pick up a few pots and starter herbs like rosemary, basil and parsley from your home supply store, and you have a thoughtful, inexpensive gift. The best part? Every time she uses them in a recipe, she'll think of the sweet sentiment!
For the Creative Mom:
7. Make a Memory Book – Most photobooks are super time-consuming to make, but the Chatbooks app allows you to do all the designing on your phone. A couple of clicks is all it takes to collect all of her favorite #mommymoments in one cute book!
8. Learn Together – Help mom indulge in one of her interests, like a pottery class, learning a new language, or even a new sport like tennis by booking a class together. Community centers offer a wide range of courses, and apps like Wyzant connect you to all kinds of tutors in your area. She'll appreciate the company and you just might find a new hobby!